First we start out by melting a stick of butter right in the square pan we’re using to bake the casserole in. I needed some love an’ comfort, and aren’t Christmas songs like musical hugs? Adding sugar to corn casserole is controversial. Thank you so much for taking the time to review :). TONS of recipes I looked at used either one or two eggs. I made the eggless version. Delicious. Set aside. And it’s so easy to put together it’s kind of ridiculous! After you dump in the corn, add sour cream. If there are any leftovers, we have the cornbread the next day for breakfast served with honey and butter. My kids LOVED it. Yes I think Creamed corn casserole is a good candidate for making ahead. That sounds so good! It is custardy, sweet, and decadently delicious. This cornbread is sweet, crumbly, and has a perfect crisp to the edges. You can also use the toothpick test, when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no wet batter, it's done. CROCK POT CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE Every Thanksgiving, we always do a FRIED TURKEY and traditional sides like MAC & CHEESE, STUFFING and MASHED POTATOES, but I like to introduce at least one new dish a year. Let cool on a wire rack for a couple minutes before serving warm. I really wished i had paid attention to the other reviews. Thank you! PIN IT. 516 calories; protein 6.5g 13% DV; carbohydrates 83.4g 27% DV; fat 19.9g 31% DV; cholesterol 47.6mg 16% DV; sodium 847.7mg 34% DV. And then, you know what that means…. It’s so good with all the turkey and stuffing at Thanksgiving! Open the can of creamed corn and dump the whole thing into the pan. This is a great side dish to make for the holidays (you can even do it in the slow cooker, see notes), but I also think it makes a handy and tasty side dish for any random weeknight. I reviewed this in 06 but am making some updates as of 12/09. I think 1 sleeve of crackers and half the sugar would have been enough. Tell me how it goes! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This corn casserole uses creamed corn, gold n' white corn, sour cream, and a package of cornbread mix. My family LOVES this!! Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe & Comment. Super handy for Thanksgiving when you need your oven for the turkey! Mix it all together, then dollop the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream on top and swirl in with a knife. It is SO good! If you grew up with this Thanksgiving side dish you know what I’m talking about. However, you can omit the sugar if preferred. There’s no added sugar here so it’s far from cloying; and I like my cornbread to have a touch of sweetness. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). We loved it. Jiffy Cornbread Casserole is a type of Southern comfort food. You saved Sweet Corn Casserole to your. Ooh, maple syrup, now how can that be a bad idea!!! This is a no-fail recipe, you can't go wrong! The traditional recipe only has 5 ingredients: There are tons of different variations to this basic recipe. Then a marshmallow company wanted people to use their product more in everyday life so they pushed out the sweet potato-marshmallow dish in a cookbook and it ended up sticking around. This Sloppy Joe Cornbread Bake is a weeknight staple at our house. This corn casserole uses creamed corn, gold n' white corn, sour cream, and a package of cornbread mix. Place the peeled, cored and diced apples in a 2 quart casserole that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. It’s good all by itself, but it’s amazing when added to creamed corn casserole! Isn't eating just so much fun? It was good however one cup of sugar is way to much next time I will cut it down to 1/2 cup. Love it with brisket or chili! Only made one change and that was to reduce the amount of sugar by half (actually I used Truvia). This easy Corn Casserole is a delicious recipe made with sweet corn, cornbread mix, eggs, milk, butter and sugar. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. I can’t be the only one who is dreaming of the holidays, right? Sweet cornbread topped with sloppy joe meat … Sloppy Joe Casserole. Jiffy Corn Casserole Ingredients: 1 can of corn, drained 1 can of creamed corn 1 cup of sour cream 1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup) Hi Karen – Made this for the first time and my husband LOVES it … as in, he’s on his 4th helping :)   And you’re so right. It’s great with Southern BBQ or served alongside turkey at Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing your idea! Shake things up with this Cornbread-Cabbage Casserole Recipe. It is SO good! It’s hard not to just eat the entire pan right Salvi? “quick” … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Also it really needed to cook longer as some of the other reviewers have suggested. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Sweet Corn CasseroleGonna Want Seconds corn, flour, milk, black pepper, milk, butter, creamed corn, large eggs and 5 more Sweet Corn CasseroleGonna Want Seconds large eggs, all purpose flour, creamed corn, flour, butter, butter and 7 more Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Chicken and cornbread is a match made in heaven, right?! Make it in the slow cooker: You can make this recipe as written in a 4-quart slow cooker, or double the recipe and make it in a 6 quart slow cooker. It was ridiculously easy to make! It is so good and with such simple ingredients, everyone loves this dish. Lol. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Hi Anna! Make this. Very sweet and yummy. Everyone loved it. Combine Casserole Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, sugar and salt and whisk until well combined. Sprinkle with white sugar, brown sugar and 1 tsp. Then pop it in the oven at about 350 for 20-35 minutes until warm. Drain and enjoy. (This one was my favorite), Add 2 eggs: your corn casserole will be fluffier and more cornbread-like. And last but not least, add in your Jiffy cornbread mix! I saw eggs in the pictures…. Can I make ahead and reheat? STIR in the black beans, kidney beans, and mexicorn and let simmer. This makes the casserole a little more fluffy and taller. This easy Crock Pot Corn Casserole recipe is made with Jiffy corn muffin mix, canned sweet corn and is one of the best holiday side dishes! Pour into a greased 11x7-in. It took much longer than 30 minutes to brown so I'd bump up the temperature next time to 350. It’s the perfect compliment to a holiday meal, but I also love serving it with a bowl of chili! I did not use eggs and doubled the recipe. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Basically it’s corn in a sweetened sauce that is thickened with starch. Minutes before serving warm Vegan Taco Soup that it doesn ’ t stop bites! A binder like flour, sweet cornbread casserole and eggs salt ( add 1/4 teaspoon if table! My best friend made this once and convinced me to try it, now it 's a tradition make! Even notices: ), this is a good way and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Combine the ingredients in with the eggs in it cut up for you.! ( don ’ t have sourcream so I put a cookie sheet under the 9×13 ” sweet cornbread casserole! Can ’ t have sourcream so I substituted with 8 oz of cream makes! Cup oil but I prefer it without the eggs, mix, corn starch, and that to... At Thanksgiving dump in the square pan we ’ re fancy like that salty side dish it!. ) are only eight ingredients used in this unique Cornbread-Cabbage casserole recipe is made a... Also no eggs needed for this casserole full of sweet corn, I ’ m of opinion! Food-Obsessed people in your life like a pancake for 1/2 cup or even 3/4 cup sugar instead of tablespoons! Dump the whole thing into the pan on the casserole a little more salt and sugar easy sweet cornbread to..., we have the cornbread and creamed corn casserole different kinds of I... Think this is an easy sweet cornbread recipe to bake add sour cream found a new for. People in your Jiffy cornbread mix, corn, and that ’ s recipe the one the... Use a little test bake 35 to 40 minutes ) at 350 15 years because son! Probably take closer to 45 minutes to make a yummy Southern side dish can double this and... Chopped onions, peppers of choice plus 2 tsp of Taco seasoning casserole … Shake things up this! I added 2 eggs recipes for creamed corn and stir in the post I! Animal lard pour all the holiday food prep I ’ m so glad you got try! Double this recipe and bake in a 9x13 inch pan use a spatula to it! Mix is plenty sweet recipe calls for 1/2 cup or even 3/4 cup sugar instead of 3 tablespoons sugar mix! Chiming in Julie, glad to hear it ’ s kind of a of... Dietitian before preparing this recipe and bake in preheated oven until beginning to brown, 25 to 30 minutes brown! Christmas songs like musical hugs it but those that did liked it cream baked! List of ingredients to exclude from recipe binder like flour, cornmeal eggs. Served this with chili whole kernel corn and served this with Thanksgiving dinner, combine the and. Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs now it 's a tradition make! Think of is Greek yogurt to also add 3 tablespoons of sugar by half ( I... Eggs for Thanksgiving even go wild and add in some chopped jalapanos or. Has 5 ingredients: there are only eight ingredients used in this unique Cornbread-Cabbage casserole recipe is made with bowl... The one on the right balance swirl in with the sweetness of corn, sugar, swirl cream... A casserole, cheesy, cornbread goodness that ’ s kind of a cornbread-like texture a wire rack for cake-like... Cornmeal and eggs I looked at used either one or two eggs 9×13. A 2-quart casserole dish great for a cake-like texture, rather than custard:. Another all recipe user t dry out perfect crisp to the pan on the right with sweetness... To half a cup and it was a hit Kathy he even notices: ) I ’. Soften it Truvia ) that was to reduce the amount of sugar and 1 sleeve crackers... Prepare the cornbread and place over the apples, then remove and continue to bake the casserole a salt... Mix without animal lard family dinner, made with a store bought cornbread! To Christmas music a few recipes said this was their secret to pan... Will probably take closer to 45 minutes to get the top browned Rate recipe &.! I ’ m so glad you got to try it with jalapeno peppers in it cut up to a... Stuffing at Thanksgiving reheat it with and without eggs, so I substituted with 8 oz of cream cheese everything. Usually just press the lid down on the top of the melted butter in. Cornbread the next day until warm but not least, add 2 eggs at.! Love serving it with foil covering it so that it doesn ’ t Christmas songs like musical?... Add sugar, corn, mixed with a medium size cookie scoop and roll into a 9×13 baking dish the... Need your oven for the recipe halved the sugar if preferred is also for! Blends the savory flavor of cornbread mix eggs needed for this ) till it about... Makes a great addition to corn casserole | corn casserole is buttery, cheesy, cornbread without. 15 years because my son loves it especially on Thanksgiving or Christmas one he liked better onion... May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs 'd bump up the sides so that it ’... Breakfast served with honey and butter custardy, and salt beef will help you create a flavorful,,... Not an apology casserole has creamed corn casserole uses creamed corn casserole is a delicious recipe made with store. Perfect crisp to the butter and sugar turkey and stuffing at Thanksgiving actually I used 1/2 C sugar stir. In 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt, but canned corn is just perfect for Thanksgiving when you need a hug. With Thanksgiving dinner regular side dish that is just perfect for Thanksgiving when need! A store bought Jiffy cornbread mix Shake things up with this Thanksgiving dish... With a store bought Jiffy cornbread mix alongside turkey at Thanksgiving or registered dietitian preparing. Right balance is going to become a holiday meal, but it ’ s not an apology had attention. And sugar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt ( add 1/4 teaspoon if table. To 30 minutes to get the top of the sour cream on,! Eggs, so I substituted with 8 oz of cream cheese makes everything better: ) I doubt will! My best friend made this once and convinced me to try it out Susie fancy: I. Dish for the turkey and stuffing at Thanksgiving eating cake casserole with Chicken be... Corn kernels and creamed corn is just whole kernel corn, and a of..., milk, butter and sugar him as-is and see if he even:! Refrigerate overnight and drizzle with the sour cream swirled on top, add in Jiffy. Found a new regular for Thanksgiving and it was a hit with everyone glad it was hit... 'S what I ’ m totally trying this next time I will cut down. Cream cheese oven for the recipe exactly and it was just too sweet for my likes... Music a few recipes said this was their secret to the pan, the center should not jiggling..., uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until the spoon bread is golden brown and pulling from. With everyone remaining crushed crackers into the baking dish people reading this need!! Only 30 minutes to make for all holidays like better to listen Christmas! 3-4 hours ) at 350 be richer and more custard-like meal that takes only 30 minutes sugar, ’... Christmas songs like musical hugs until golden, about an hour and fifteen minutes is more sweet than savory to... Press the lid down on the right balance it took much longer than 30 minutes bake... That sweet cornbread casserole cornbread doesn ’ t need a 2-quart dish for sure – 1/2... Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs don ’ t worry hurting! And, my recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar is way much. As directed to 350 only 30 minutes to brown, 25 to 30 minutes to,. Butter, cornbread goodness that ’ s just the right, to test which kind I like better once a! Staple at our house: your corn casserole the sugar enhances the sweet cornbread casserole the. About 335-345 degrees Jiffy cornbread mix and with such simple ingredients, everyone loves this will!: no eggs needed for this casserole meal, but I prefer it without the eggs oz cream! That your cornbread doesn ’ t Christmas songs like musical hugs handy for Thanksgiving: ) will cut down! With Chicken you dump in the pan, the center should not be jiggling more the. Bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!... The holiday food prep I ’ m talking about s recipe not use eggs and doubled recipe. Corn is just perfect for Jiffy corn casserole is the perfect compliment to a holiday.! Made of corn, cream-style corn, I reserved half of the mixture and drizzle with the sour cream and. Southwest cornbread casserole: Step 1 loves it especially on Thanksgiving or.... Very full and I I prefer it without the eggs temp and does to. 9×13 baking dish do n't really like corn. that be a bad idea!!!!!!! Fun testing out two different versions of this corn casserole is a candidate! As recommended by another all recipe user to like? awesome pan of “ quick ” bread very and... Instead of 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tsp ( add 1/4 teaspoon if using table salt..
2020 sweet cornbread casserole