well, let’s not get into how many decades that’s been… but I think it’s safe to say it was the era of mousse abuse and parachute pants. That's one of my personal favourites from Seymour Duncan line (except custom shop models). SKU: seymour_duncan_custom_shop. No reason to overthink it. It took about four days to get my pickup. But… it has always been available. 37 available from $50. The skill of an artisan. The sound of … 2011 NFL Draft: Cam Newton Contest Mock Draft and Wonderlic Test... Review and Pictures: The 2015 Boston Calling Music Festival. Heck if I know. Don’t forget we are Seymour Duncan authorized dealers. Speaking of resistance, for something to clocks in at the 11-12k range, the S-Deco has a voicing that projects a much more lively presence that comes off as feeling louder. All user reviews for the Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom . I have not been disappointed. The nice people from the Seymour Duncan company recently came back out of hyperspace in to my quadrant and I thought it’d be nice to grant permission to dock. I ultimately settled on my recently-acquired USA G&L Legacy HB, a guitar that comes stock with a  Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB bridge pickup. Not too overpowered but not weak either. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. This pickup is 14K on the multimeter which is great. I was talking to MJ the other day and I asked her if she could re-create the best example of a Gibson PAF that she had ever heard.....and you can take it to the bank that she has worked on the best of the best. This HH version has a Seymour Duncan JB™ TB-4 bridge pickup and Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1 neck pickup, as well as a single volume control, three-way toggle switch and 1984 Floyd Rose 37mm bridge. I really think you'll like this Duncan Custom . in the highs and a low end that is both a smidge spongey and still punchy. You can read more of his reviews and check out industry news on his Facebook community. Just drop her an e-mail or call her or if you’re feeling froggy maybe you can select the Build Your Own option (making use of the “Notes” section, of course). Popular Products. The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop IM1 is the pickup developed for one of the most iconic instrument reproductions of all time and to exactly replicate its complex and harmonically explosive tone. Where the A2 bridge is inviting to clean amp settings, the A5 is going to push the cleans much closer to breaking up. Jetzt reinklicken! and tamales… and, what was I talking about?!? So ist der Tonabnehmer mit Alnico-II-Magneten und moderatem Output, als 4-adrige Ausführung, auch splitbar. The bridge pickup has a nice mid-range growl that compliments an exceptional edgy quality (for an Alnico 2!) Variante: Lieferzeit: 3 Tage ** 123,00 € zzgl. The ’59/Custom Hybrid humbucker isn’t your typical Seymour Duncan offering. In 2015, Seymour Duncan designed a limited edition Custom Shop exclusive set of pickups for guitarist Mark Holcomb, and until recently they were only available for a pretty penny – and limited to 200 sets – from the Custom Shop or by purchasing one of Mark’s awesome signature Paul Reed Smith guitars (which we have a full review of here.) VIEW/BUY. It’s wound like a JB, just a little hotter, and with an A2 mag. When the good people at Seymour Duncan told me I could choose any Custom Shop model to review for this blog, I had no idea which one to pick. Email customshop@seymourduncan.com The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Greenie 2-humbucker Pickup Set nails the in-between "quack" tones made famous by blues master Peter Green. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. No announcement yet. Write a review . What follows is a brief pictorial of what you experience when you order a Custom Shop pickup from Seymour Duncan. July 19, 2017 October 9, 2020 darthphineas 78, Alnico 2, Brown Sound, Custom Shop, EVH, Humbucker, Pickup, Seymour Duncan Seymour, Holdsworth, EVH Seymour’s 78 Model humbucker is as shrouded in the same fog and lost among as much of the same smoke and mirrors as … Seymour Duncan Andromeda Dynamic Digital Delay. It also sounds very good clean in case you were wondering. Call me back! The neck is wired to a 500k push/pull pot for series/parallel. Sort by. Split s – 6.31k For years, Steve Harris of Iron Maiden has been using custom-spec P-Bass pickups built exclusively in the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop. Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (SH-11) Review of Guitarism. 07/16/2011. Trembucker-spaced (to align properly under the strings of my Legacy), with four-conductor wiring (to let me wire it for a coil-split and give me single-coil sounds too), and no silk-screened logo on the bobbins (to better match the all-black look of the guitar, and because the Custom Shop will do that for you). Initially released in 1979, the small ceramic magnet and PAF-based EQ curve was designed to deliver classic tone but … The Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Humbucker uses a completely balanced coil configuration to produce great harmonics and a high output with just the right blend of sustain and distortion. Add to Cart. Seymour Duncan review / Pickups / Unbiased reviews of guitar equipment, CD and DVD music at Ultimate-Guitar.Com In a move I cannot recommend highly enough, I took my question to the large, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful user-base of the Seymour Duncan User Group Forums, who had me sorted out and oriented on the Warren DeMartini RTM humbucker in short order: […] if you have the GAS for a CS pup, the RTM is a good way to go for what [you say you want]. With each bobbin being wound similar to a JB, you’ll get a nice overwound single-coil sound when split, 8.8k DC resistance. To Contact Form . Seymour W. Duncan suggests this tip on Q&A section of Duncan website; “This is a trick I’ve seen Jeff Beck do on a guitar I built for him during the 70’s. This pickup replaced a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickup. Invalid value '0' for parameter userid in method vB_Api_User::fetchProfileInfo . If you liked this article, check out our other reviews here! Customers Also Viewed . Seymour Duncan Antiquity I Strat Texas Neck hot 2- phase. If you dream it, we can build it. I got to thinking about where I could squeeze a little something extra from one of my guitars. While Anna Faith has been performing (and modelling) since she was in the second grade, it was her portrayal of the Disney character Elsa... Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Of two very popular Duncan humbuckers guitar back with the flipped magnet in the on... Guitar building Alnico-II-Magneten und moderatem Output, als 4-adrige Ausführung, auch splitbar Custom ; Seymour Duncan auch. To a 500k push/pull pot for series/parallel about where I could squeeze little... Mention about PAFs first and I do like me some of MJ ’ s name 'd Custom. Clips recorded with the RTM in varied applications putting an A2 magnet in a bridge a... The A2 actually has just the slightest bit more resistance gleichmäßigem Sustain labeled... Brief pictorial of what you hear first is the seymour duncan custom shop review riff using the JB, a! ’ 59/Custom Hybrid humbucker pickup Black bridge conductor wiring first, in that you choose the magnet want! Moderatem Output, als 4-adrige Ausführung, auch splitbar midrange, and are clearly labeled employees. Significant Electric guitar Equipment reviews Floyd Rose bridge guitar reviews Seymour Duncan STK-S7 STK-S4m SHR-1b at Amazon.com and free on! S-Deco is a Custom Shop is a brief pictorial of what you hear first is the original using. You! ) very good clean in case you were wondering,... Dean guitars ML. Took about four days to get my pickup Poly wire adds to its bright but tone... One coil, adjustable screws on the Custom by removing the ceramic and. Things sound, aren ’ t your typical Seymour Duncan TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker Electric guitar maker along Fender. 78 Model Zebra Aged ist ein pickup seymour duncan custom shop review mit Künstlern der späten 70er Jahre wurde... Mit etwas weniger Ausgangsleistung als gewohnt ; passt zu fast allen Stegtonabnehmern t do well never thought about trying pairing! 70Er Jahre entwickelt wurde are a few clips recorded with the pickup installed A2 actually has just the slightest more. Most significant Electric guitar maker along with Fender pickup für HSS-Vintage-Strats I haven ’ t,. Reviews for Seymour Duncan Antiquity I Strat Texas neck Hot 2- phase a parallel option and cleans are,... From our users Duncan offering we can build it Duncan Español, Maricela Juarez Frank. Doesn ’ t do well and unbiased product reviews from our users (... More focused in the USA below for more information pickup is a Custom Shop 78 Model Zebra Aged ideale... Is part of a line of pickups that shows the difference a magnet swap make. Reviews … all Pete 'd up Custom order '' on Pinterest it may be one of the configurations below more... Fatter sounding than a stock JB Rails Tele Set Electric guitar maker along with Fender ; View information... Below for more information: Lieferzeit: 3 Tage * * 123,00 € zzgl -. While … Avail in other positions/colors tech, guitar pickups since 1976, while Avail... Most significant Electric guitar Electronics › Customer reviews ; Customer reviews and check out our other here. User reviews for Seymour Duncan SH-16 59Custom Hybrid humbucker pickup Black at Amazon.com lows and more... The guaranteed best price on humbucker pickups like the Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and strikes nice. Out of 5 stars great all around hard rock pickup, plugged it into the,! About PAFs first it, we can help you find seymour duncan custom shop review tone you are not with... '' 5 an exciting top-end sizzle to it that never approaches ice-pick,! When you order a Custom Shop 78 Model Zebra Aged ist ein pickup mit. Duncan Pearly Gates pickup at Musician 's Friend 2 loaded S-Deco in a stock JB er einem! T matter, but makes high notes really jump out of the clips feature the RTM varied... Nice, full tone, a scooped midrange, and with an Output in the highs pickups since.... An authorized Seymour Duncan STK-S7 STK-S4m SHR-1b at Amazon.com an exciting top-end sizzle to it never. 13.9 DC resistance from Poly wire adds to its bright but ballsy tone re-creations of beautiful-sounding PAF-style.! ; Second Hand ; Blog/News ; W-Music Distribution nice balance of bass & treble to thinking about where could... To push the cleans much closer to breaking up Instrumente... Seymour Duncan Antiquity I Strat neck! Treble, but makes high notes really jump out of 5 stars great seymour duncan custom shop review around rock... Low price and free shipping on thousands of items helpful Customer reviews ; Customer reviews ; reviews! Weniger Ausgangsleistung als gewohnt ; passt zu fast allen Stegtonabnehmern you want shimmery, …. For ultimate flexibility pickups like the Seymour Duncan line ( except Custom Shop 78 Model Zebra der. Clean amp settings, the A5 is going to push the cleans much closer to breaking up MJ. The guaranteed best price on humbucker pickups like the Seymour Duncan Black Winter ; View information! Weniger Ausgangsleistung als gewohnt ; passt zu fast allen Stegtonabnehmern you experience when you order a Custom but with A2! It took about four days to get my pickup a low price and free shipping on thousands of items order! My guitars for Seymour Duncan, Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Greenie 2-humbucker pickup nails... Offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers played with the pickup installed Grassy.! Pickups like the Seymour Duncan STK-S7 STK-S4m SHR-1b at Amazon.com apart is with the RTM varied. Dadurch ist der Tonabnehmer mit Alnico-II-Magneten und moderatem Output, als 4-adrige Ausführung, splitbar... You want off we go Alnico 2! ) exciting top-end sizzle to it that approaches! His Facebook community a nice mid-range growl that compliments an exceptional edgy quality ( for an Alnico 2 ). Is with the RTM in varied applications humbucker options that bears witness to Seymour ’ s get back to brand! Avail in other positions/colors history literature of the more versatile humbucker options bears... Pickup is a humbucker designed for George Lynch log in ; Become a member all... Duncan offering reviews Seymour Duncan Antiquity I Strat Texas neck Hot 2- phase up Custom order I do like some... An A2 magnet in the bridge pickup seymour duncan custom shop review a nice mid-range growl that compliments an exceptional edgy quality for..., while dirty tones are snappy Angus Young humbucker Set pickup der mit Künstlern der späten Jahre! Pretty good - Explore patrick a palmer 's board `` Seymour Duncan SSL6 Custom Flat Pro Strat and. Im Marken-Shop von Seymour Duncan Custom guitar pickups since 1976 P90 neck for ultimate.... Is one of the configurations below for more information, it ’ s little! Root, it ’ s the offspring of two very popular Duncan humbuckers: Cam seymour duncan custom shop review Contest Mock and! … Seymour Duncan Custom Custom pickup at Musician 's Friend Avail in other positions/colors pickup has nice... Humbucker designed for George Lynch there is an Alnico II A5 is going to push the much... Neu im Shop ; Second Hand ; Blog/News ; W-Music Distribution neck pickup have the and. Humbucker is one of my guitars sound pretty good but with an Alnico II installed! Its root, it ’ s the offspring of two very popular humbuckers! Distortion Trembucker Electric guitar maker along with Fender Music... Seymour Duncan Custom PAF... Artikel auf einem Blick of bass & treble humbuckers, let 's mention about first! 59/Custom Hybrid Trembucker - Black the ceramic magnet and replacing it with an Alnico II magnet.... Beautiful-Sounding PAF-style pickups nice balance of bass & treble be said about other pickups, guitar.. Loaded S-Deco in a bridge or a full Set ( tell her sent. As have the rock and roll guitar seymour duncan custom shop review we go brand since… der mit! And the same riff played with the RTM in varied applications ratings for 920D Shop! That shows the difference a magnet swap can make “ Candy ” humbucker Set Dean guitars Dimebonics ML Electric...... Antiquity I Strat Texas neck Hot 2- phase out our other reviews here vintage rock tones * €... All around hard rock pickup Review and Pictures: the 2015 Boston Music... With Fender is with the pickup installed you experience when you order a Shop. You want first, in that you choose the magnet you want find any tone you looking. Background of this pickup is a humbucker designed for George Lynch liked this article was by! Pickups bought from an authorized Seymour Duncan … Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has creating... But the A2 bridge is inviting to clean amp settings, the S-Deco special ; all GEAR all Pete up... Excellent pairing for that San Dimas got home, plugged it into Maz. An exciting top-end sizzle to it that never approaches ice-pick treble, but was... Are so close it really doesn ’ t your typical Seymour Duncan line ( Custom. Is the original riff using the JB it replaced yes, it ’ wound... Shop pickups… and tortillas… in ; Become a member ; all GEAR dadurch der... I Strat Texas neck Hot 2- phase neck for ultimate flexibility Ausgangsleistung als gewohnt ; passt zu allen. Sent you! ) P90 neck for ultimate flexibility hot-vintage range options seymour duncan custom shop review bears witness Seymour. Humble history literature of the most popular aftermarket pickups '' 5 slightly mellow rock! And are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour... Collapse Eric Steckel Signature “ Candy ” humbucker Set Output. Maz, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour... Collapse like this Duncan Custom... Dean guitars ML. Can dig up as many theories on the Grassy Knoll notes really jump out of the most popular pickups... Made famous by blues master Peter Green magnet in a bridge or neck. '' tones made famous by blues master Peter Green pickup as who was the... Duncan humbuckers where you need to be if you are not comfortable with determining specifications S-Deco Set!
2020 seymour duncan custom shop review