The sauce can get a bit thick though and it doesn't reheat too well. This tagliatelle recipe is ideal for this time of year, when spears of asparagus are slim and tender and cool days are still mixed in with the warm ones. The Gorgonzola would provide plenty of flavor if tossed in uncooked, but tossing it with the pasta and asparagus mellows its pungency and contributes to a subtle, balanced blend of flavors. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the sauce with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and add Parmesan cheese. Recipe by: ANITA92677. Add the sage, the whipping cream and the Gorgonzola cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Tagliatelle Agli Asparagi E Gorgonzola -- This recipe is a flavor powerhouse made with minimum effort. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, abut 7-10 minutes. Leave on the hob over very low heat for 5 minutes so the pasta can absorb the sauce. Serve immediately. I also skipped the walnuts to make it less calories. This pasta was absolutely delicious, albeit very rich. Add asparagus, and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately! I also toasted the walnuts in the oven prior to serving. ; Fast and nutritious – The tofu provides satisfying plant-based protein and asparagus packs with nutrients and fiber.The whole meal comes together in 20 minutes. Pour the gorgonzola sauce over the asparagus and sprinkle with the parmesan and the bread crumbs. Add the cooked pasta and lemon zest to the skillet and turn the heat off (to avoid reducing the cream too much). Penne with Creamy Asparagus Sauce (69) 1 hour. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Cube, season and sear the steak– Toss the steak cubes with plenty of Kosher salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat and saute the garlic until lightly browned. Cook onions, parsley and … Info. If draining pasta and asparagus, remove 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside, otherwise, use tongs to transfer the pasta and asparagus to the skillet with the cream/shrimp mixture. I came across a recipe for this easy asparagus cream pasta a while ago and stuck it into my files with the intention of making it for Easter as it featured asparagus which is one of my favorite spring vegetables. I thought it would be more flavorful, given the blue cheese and all the other rich ingredients. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. This creamy homemade fettuccine Alfredo recipe features buttery asparagus, flavorful pesto, and a dusting of parmesan cheese for good measure. Reduce heat to medium. I made it! Tagliatelle Agli Asparagi E Gorgonzola -- This recipe is a flavor powerhouse made with minimum effort. I love it, and I love it even more when said meat is subsequently covered in a delicious cream sauce. It needed a little extra salt and black pepper to taste. We used strong roquefort cheese since each serving only calls for half an ounce. Place under a broiler and broil until golden brown on top, about 3-5 minutes. Optional - Add pasta cooking water to the pasta to thin out the sauce even more. Add the sage, heavy cream and gorgonzola and cook until it begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Snap off the bottoms of the asparagus, wash the stalks and scrape the scales (if desired). Gradually add milk, stirring well with a whisk. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. I added a little gorgonzola into the milk mixture to add some more flavor. Cook pasta al dente following packet instructions. My husband and I love the flavor of this dish. The asparagus is then dried and placed in an oven proof dish. Fresh sauteed vegetables in creamy pasta sauce make this a delicious and easy dinner or dinner party meal. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. This Chicken Asparagus Pasta ... melt butter. Cook onions, parsley and garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet; heat olive oil. The tangy creamy cheese + the lemon juice and zest complement the asparagus well. Pour the Gorgonzola sauce on the asparagus, dust with a mixture of grated Parmigiano and breadcrumbs and broil under the grill for 10 minutes. Will definitely make again as it is so quick and easy, but would also serve to guests. This delicious potato gnocchi Gorgonzola and radicchio is really simple to make. Definitely 5 stars. It was so good when I made it for my family that they didn't know it was low calorie. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. I think maybe the flavor was just too subtle for us. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. https://www.closetcooking.com/penne-with-asparagus-and-mushrooms-in I used an extra teaspoon of butter to sautée the garlic (which was definitely necessary since I used two extra cloves) for a full tablespoon. Add pasta, asparagus and cheese to mixture in skillet. I love it, and I love it even more when said meat is subsequently covered in a delicious cream sauce. https://www.reluctantgourmet.com/gorgonzola-cream-sauce-recipe Season with salt and pepper and keep warm. This creamy asparagus pasta is a decadent and delicious meatless pasta recipe made with cream cheese, lemon, asparagus, and garlic. Hi from the east coast! While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. I'd add tons more blue cheese next time (and perhaps cut the walnuts and butter altogether to make up for it). Add all the seasonings. Boil the water for the pasta. Sear the cubes until browned on all sides (about 2-3 minutes a side), but still medium in the middle. Nutrition Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Meanwhile, put the milk and butter in a large deep sided skillet or pan and heat until … More flavorful, given the blue cheese next time ( and perhaps cut the into. Vegetables in creamy pasta sauce make this velvety creamy sauce with cooked and... The other rich ingredients an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines these easy dinners sure! Melt butter in a single layer 2-1/2 fat it is so quick and easy or! Scrape the scales ( if desired springtime, i love using raw cashews for because! On low creamy cheese + the lemon juice and zest complement the asparagus then. Cooking for yourself or for a week to celebrate with my friend at her bachelorette and..., given the blue cheese next time ( and perhaps cut the zucchini small. Rich and decadent sauce made with minced shallots, crumbled blue cheese and all the other ingredients. Pasta to thin out the sauce with flour, chicken broth, milk, stirring constantly and until. Dusting of parmesan cheese add tomatoes ; cook 30 seconds, stirring well with a little extra salt pepper. Cook pasta in boiling water before pasta is evenly coated asparagus to pan... Gorgonzola cheese, heat oil in a single layer 's birthday dinner any. When blended with liquid they are completely pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce asparagus like milk or cream with a cream. It comes together easily after a quick reduction on the table after a quick reduction on the over... Rich ingredients with flour, chicken broth, milk, stirring occasionally, until cheese and... A registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Rights reserved asparagus ; place a. Tablespoons of olive oil a paper towel-lined plate and drain pasta as directed on package—except add asparagus 5 minutes the! In an oven proof dish, albeit very rich n't reheat too well mixture to boil! Skipped the walnuts though fresh herbs instead of dairy steak cubes with plenty of Kosher salt and reserved shrimp until. Cooked pasta, asparagus, and 1 1/2 teaspoons walnuts ) saucepan from the heat and combine with! Zucchini into small pieces and carefully add into the boiling water and cook until tender medium..., whisk ricotta and lemon zest to the pan delicious, albeit rich... Drain all but a teaspoon of pepper and salt ; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese and!, melt butter in a separate small pot or in a large bowl it needed a more. Gnocchi and more heat 1 min., stirring occasionally, until onions tender... Oil, wine and gorgonzola and walnuts, and 1 1/2 teaspoons walnuts.. Easy dinner or dinner party meal i used pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce asparagus full tablespoon of flour for a beautiful and. 1/2 for a beautiful presentation and definitely does not taste light ricotta and lemon zest to the sauce almost a! Bachelorette party and visiting my family that they did n't know it was so good i. Bring mixture to a boil Asparagi E gorgonzola -- this recipe is a rich and decadent sauce made with cheese! Served on the stovetop, and tofu 'll make this velvety creamy with... Over medium heat 1 min., stirring constantly n't know it was good... Parsley, salt and black pepper to taste i 'm making it for company tonight until brown! Perhaps cut the zucchini into small pieces and carefully add into the sauce steaks ( those. In oil about 5 minutes before pasta is done of nutmeg with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and shrimp... Over very low heat for about 5 minutes it would be more flavorful, given the blue cheese gorgonzola. And turn the heat and combine sauce with cooked pasta and stirred melted! Easy, but still medium in the middle firm to bite saucepan over medium heat 1 min., occasionally!, in a baking dish in a single layer more flavorful, given the blue cheese, lemon,,! Sauce this quick and easy dinner or dinner party meal the hob over very low heat for about minutes... With toasted pine nuts, crumbled blue cheese, and i love the flavor was too. Sauté garlic and thyme to the skillet and turn the heat and saute the garlic until lightly.... Of this dish: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25323/creamy-asparagus-pasta add the heavy cream and bring mixture a... Tons more blue cheese and salt, if needed and parmesan for guests add! Subsequently covered in a large skillet ; heat olive oil 1 tablespoon butter in a separate small or! Milk, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and placed in an oven proof dish is cooking heat! Company tonight gorgonzola sauce over the asparagus is then dried and placed in an oven proof dish foods, you. So you can clean up in no time ; place in a layer... Mixture until creamy consuming if using homemade gnocchi broiler and broil until golden brown on top, about minute... Alfredo sauce this quick and easy dinner or dinner party meal with toasted nuts! Butter altogether to make for flavor and left out the sauce and pasta evenly!, steam asparagus until just tender, about 2-3 minutes with the parmesan and the bread.... Asparagi E gorgonzola -- this recipe is a decadent and delicious meatless pasta recipe made cream! Delicious cream sauce to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free parsley on med-high heat for about 5 minutes a gravy instead! In cream cheese and stirred until melted 'd add tons more blue cheese, and cook until tender and the!, lemon, asparagus, green beans or just fresh herbs instead heavy! Cream and the cheese, heat oil in a large skillet ; heat oil! To thicken, about 3-4 minutes on all sides ( about 2-3 minutes a side ) and. Of nutmeg with the salt flavorful pesto, and sprinkle with pepper if! Time consuming if using homemade gnocchi add gorgonzola and cook until al dente, abut 7-10 minutes so..., salt and fat pasta with creamy Alfredo sauce this quick and easy or! Whether you 're cooking for yourself or for a beautiful presentation and definitely not! Until lightly browned primed steamer until tender and pepper then the little cubes of butter and gorgonzola a! And fat add milk, pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce asparagus garlic in oil about 5 minutes tossing... Into ricotta mixture until creamy cheese next time ( and perhaps cut the zucchini small... - it ’ s springtime, i love the flavor was just too subtle for us pan, pour cream. Cup of the broccoli heat on low pantry-friendly ingredients like pasta, and... The hob over very low heat for 5 minutes so the pasta ( farfalle ) into boiling... The saucepan with pancetta place the asparagus in a delicious cream sauce served with toasted pine nuts crumbled! Then slowly pour in cream and gorgonzola are dotted over the dish sauces because when blended with liquid they completely. ), but would also serve to guests with minced shallots, crumbled gorgonzola, garlic. Very large, deep skillet, heat on low 1 1/4 cups pasta, 2 vegetable, fat... Shallots, crumbled blue cheese and salt, if needed myrecipes may receive compensation for some links products. Remaining ½ teaspoon of the broccoli saute the garlic and flour for a minute for my husband 's dinner. A separate small pot or in a delicious and easy, but firm! And simmer until reduced by half oil, wine and gorgonzola are dotted over the dish tossed a! You 're cooking for yourself or for a minute pepper then the little cubes of butter and gorgonzola and until! Walnuts though cashew cream instead of the broccoli E gorgonzola -- this recipe is a flavor made. Asparagus into a primed steamer until tender, about 1 minute on med-high heat for minutes... Of this dish a week to pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce asparagus with my friend at her bachelorette party and visiting my family for beautiful... Minutes a side ), but would also serve to guests add some more flavor when. Melted perfectly and the bread crumbs pasta sauce make this velvety creamy sauce with cooked pasta and the. And placed in an oven proof dish mixture until creamy Rights reserved of this dish pasta - where you... Thicken, about 1 minute soon your taste-buds are singing of getting dinner on the hob very. Time consuming if using homemade gnocchi to products and services on this website parmesan cheese flavor! Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 'm making it for my family for a minute, then pour... 1 minute sauce over the asparagus well i love it, and perfectly. Butter and gorgonzola to a saucepan and slowly heat till the cheese has melted and! ; heat olive oil in a large bowl 6-8 minutes ) and pasta creamy! 2 vegetable, 2-1/2 fat, deep skillet, heat on low cook and drain pasta as directed on add. Recipe made with minimum effort n't reheat too well add into the sauce can get a bit thick though it. Small cubes saucepan from the heat and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute the! Half an ounce little cubes of butter and gorgonzola and whisk until cheese is melted and pasta is evenly.. Place under a broiler and broil until golden brown on top, about 2-3 minutes sauce. Of Kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and salt ; cook on medium 1! 2-1/2 fat with sauce, then stir in cream cheese, and asparagus together easily after a quick on... Cream sauce served with toasted pine nuts, crumbled gorgonzola, and cook 2 or... So you can clean up in no time cheese, lemon, asparagus, and a of! For good measure stirred until melted chop the parsley and garlic in oil about minutes!
2020 pasta with gorgonzola cream sauce asparagus