Once I figured out how easy these were to make at home, I quit buying the ones from the store! 2. I’ve been making these ever since and we just die a little bit every time because they are sooooo good. Because of the comments, it makes me wonder whether this brand has what we call bread improver in it, in addition to just being instant yeast. And the familiar taste I was hoping for from those crazy ingredient loaded ones in the freezer aisle was there, but 100 times better. In a preheated large skillet that has been sprayed with the nonstick vegetable spray, cook the stuffed pitas over moderate heat, covered, for 5 minutes a side or until crispy on both sides. Ham and Broccoli Hot Pockets: Top each hot pocket with 1 slice of ham, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon cooked diced broccoli florets. After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic. They’re total comfort food and easier to make than you think! For best results bake using a 9-10″ cake pan turned upside down and placed in the center of a cookie sheet. If the yeast doesn’t dissolve or foam, your yeast is dead. * preheat oven to 400 degrees * place pita (uncut and unopened) onto cookie sheet * lay out your 7-8 slices of ham, overlapping so entire pita is covered * top with shredded cheese Ham And Cheese Pockets Ever since my assistant got home from Thailand, she’s been craving these little ooey gooey pockets. 10g+ Protein. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling. Place the ham slices, slightly overlapping one another, into the center of the tortilla. The recipe is the basic crust recipe. Did I do something wrong? It’s really simple to make and is actually the same dough we use for today’s ham & cheese pockets. I've made them as a hand-held taco, pizza, and buffalo chicken. Also freezer-friendly: homemade bagels! Want to try a pizza version next time. You may have grown up eating microwaved hot pocket snacks. Add 1 ounce of ham to each pocket and top with a slice of cheddar cheese. I made these to have for lunches for the week. If your kids can't wait until their next meal, these little pittas will keep them going in the meantime, from BBC Good Food magazine. Here are a few pita pocket recipes to make your lunch or snack 1. Easy ham and cheese hand pies are sort of like homemade Hot Pockets, except more delicious and minus the microwave. Home » Cheese Stuffed Pita Bread Recipe Cheese Stuffed Pita Bread Recipe Published - Feb 17, 2019 Update - Oct 13, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 2366 words. Great fun trying new recipes! Will definitely make again using a variety of fillings. Fill with cucumber salad, cheese and ham. Dec 6, 2012 - Ham & Cheese Sandwich Pita bread filled with cheese, ham, fresh tomatoes and lettuce. Chicken Parmesan Hot Pockets : Top each hot pocket dough with 2 teaspoons marinara sauce, 2-3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1 tablespoon chopped cooked chicken. I recommend lowering the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) to really make sure those frozen pockets cook in the center. Broccoli, ham and gooey cheese all wrapped together into a hand pie, no wonder the big and small alike will love these babies! Here’s a quick overview of the process. Options made with 100% real cheese and premium meats, Hot Pockets® brand sandwiches are perfect for when you’re on the go. Crack the egg into the cheese well. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/055337/creamy-dijon-hot-ham Toss together cheese… This crispy, buttery crust is loaded with savory hickory ham and reduced fat cheddar cheese & sauce. Though I really don’t buy them anymore, I’m not ashamed to say that I loved them. Pinch the edges to seal as best you can. L.J. Open the pita pocket and stuff with meat, veggies, cheese and marinara sauce. Yes you can, the bake time will be longer. This ham and cheese stuffed pita bread is absolutely delicious warm, and cold is still tasty. I made these and my whole family LOVED THEM!!! Pack the ham mixture, Ranch dressing, and pita bread along with a Find More After-School Snacks That Aren't Just for the Kids. There’s a reason the commercial ones are usually filled with pizza ingredients – it’s more saucy and flavourful. Directions In a small bowl, combine the ham, broccoli, cheese, pepper, mayonnaise and mustard if desired. Have you ever made my pizza dough before? Spread the inside of a pita pocket with the cream cheese, then layer thinly sliced ham, sliced cucumbers, and shredded lettuce inside. Once risen, punch the dough down to release the air. The first step is simple. Add about 1/4 cup of ham and 2 tablespoons of cheese to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the circle, then press the filling to flatten. My filling consisted of deli turkey, pepperjack & cheddar cheeses, fresh onion & mushroom & olive chopped small. Made with 100% real cheese and no artificial flavors. All that said, it was an easy recipe to follow, and baked up nicely. You’ll have 8 pieces of dough, as shown in the photo above. Will you just look at these?! Try sprinkling any remaining cheese on top for an extra savory crust. INGREDIENTS 4 six-inch plain or whole-wheat pitas 4 ounces low-fat cheese … The larger they are, the easier they are to stuff! You don’t have to use the oven and this is a plus especially in summer time. Combine the egg yolk and water to create an egg wash. Use the egg wash to brush the outer edges of the dough (the 1/2 inch edges of each circle without filling). Place a circle of dough on a greased baking sheet. I'm quite the fan of cream cheese. (Make sure that any optional addition is wedged in the middle of the cheese, so that the cheese melts evenly and the pita stays crisp.) Recipes / / July 28, 2014. Jump to Recipe If you’ve ever had a Greek gyro then you’ve probably had pita bread pockets before. Bake time should be around 30-32 minutes, give or take. This recipe could really benefit from some more flavourful ingredients as well, like a sauce, or spices, or a condiment such as mustard. Made with 100% real cheese, this Hot Pocket favorite is filled with premium, sliced pepperoni and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, all wrapped in a crispy crust. Ham and Broccoli Hot Pockets: Top each hot pocket with 1 slice of ham, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese… Remove pockets from the oven and allow to cool on the pan until ready to handle and serve. Could you use ham and scrambled eggs with cheese in the pocket? Combine mozzarella and … Here are two of my favorites. Delicious. Cut pita breads in half to form two pockets. Front of the recipe card for Hot Ham and Cheese Pockets. I made these the other night. Here’s what you’ll need to make the dough: Though the warm ham & melty cheese filling is fantastic, the crust is the best part. In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. Looks good And will try. They don’t have to be perfect rectangles, as you can see in my photos! Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets Without Cheating. This Snowman Cheese Board Is the Best Idea for a Holiday Party Appetizer, How to Make Classic French Madeleine Cookies, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed, 2 1/2 cups finely chopped, fully cooked ham. If you’ve ever pulled a hot pocket from the freezer and popped it into the microwave, then you know teenage bliss. You can freeze them, microwave them, eat them on the go, etc. COOKING TIME on HIGH (1100 Watt Oven) 1 Sandwich: 2 Velveeta cheese 1/4 lb. I have stored these hot pockets in the freezer for two to three months at a time. You can sub any ingredients you would like to. I used thick slices of leftover spiral ham to make mine, but you could go with deli ham, too. These were amazing. I want to make a small pizza and a few hot pockets with the same dough. Find some of our other favorite ham and cheese recipes here. I was wondering if this recipe could be easily doubled. Add about 1/4 cup of ham and 2 tablespoons of cheese to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the circle According to the Huffington Post , the top 10 most-ordered pizza toppings in the U.S. and Canada include: pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, sausage, bacon, extra cheese, black olives, green peppers, pineapple and spinach. (And still do!) Fold the dough over the filling and use a fork to seal and crimp the edges. I want to bake every day all day because of this recipe! Results 1 - 10 of 14 for ham pita pockets. Once the bread has risen, punch it down and divide it into 10 equally sized pieces. I had some left over sliced ham. I didn’t have time to bake them all, so I ended up freezing them uncooked. I made two batches, so I had a lot of them left over to freeze. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. And, the best part of all, you can definitely taste the homemade difference! Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm environment (about 75°F or 80°F/24°C or 27°C)* for 1 hour or until doubled in size. The laudatory remarks regarding the yeast are confusing. They are equally tasty dipped in pizza sauce or mustard. Pour Ranch dressing into a small resealable container. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. I had no issues with leaking filling nor burnt bottoms; cooked all 8 pockets at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Grilled Cheese Pita Sandwiches Joan Lunden. How to cook Broccoli Ham and Cheese Pockets Preheat oven to 450 degrees. With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. Thanks Sally! Use the remaining egg mixture to brush the top of each pocket. I made these for the second time yesterday and they are so delicious! Then slice each half into quarters. Add ham, cheese, almonds, grapes and onions. Thanks Sally & team!! Savory hickory ham, reduced fat cheddar cheese and sauce, all in a warm, flaky, croissant crust. Make your own ham & cheese pockets from scratch using my simple pizza dough, ham, and your favorite cheese. Open foil and fill pockets … Shave cucumbers into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Fresh, warm pita bread pockets made in a bread machine from scratch, are perfect to go with any Mediterranean sandwich or to dip in hummus. Would it taste the same without the egg wash? Combine in a bowl with capsicum and rocket. Any suggestions? He thought the yeast was dead, until I told him to add the sugar and it came right to life. Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Place ham, lettuce, and carrot in a resealable plastic bag. Biscuit hot pockets are great for any event or gathering. The dough was super easy and turned out fluffy on the inside but brown/crispy on the outside. These are so good!!! Bake at 375° for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. I think I will try pepperoni pizza ones next time! So frustrating. There are 300 calories in 1 pocket of Hot Pockets Ham & Cheese. PLEASE SEE MY. Once all of the ingredients are mixed, slowly knead for 7 minutes by hand or with your dough hook on low-medium speed. These low carb ham and cheese pockets make a fun snack or meal. I've always loved Hot Pockets. Use a fork to crimp the edges. No difference at all in the final outcome! Be careful to seal them up super well so the sauce doesn’t leak out too much. You may … Wrap the pita bread in plastic wrap. Make freezer-friendly homemade ham & cheese pockets with this easy recipe! anchovy filets, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard and 11 more. Thank you!! Thanks. Note: Every product is independently selected by our editors. Served with your choice of wild rice, fruit, hommus, tabooli or fries. Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large mixing bowl that has been greased lightly with olive … That may take some time, so plan in advance. We dunked ours in pizza sauce and next time I might try squirting a little bit of mustard and adding some red onion inside before I seal them up. The dough was soft with a really nice chew. Who can forget the “crispy crunchy tender flaky crust” of Hot Pockets? * place pita (uncut and unopened) onto cookie sheet * lay out your 7-8 slices of ham, overlapping so entire pita is covered * top with shredded cheese bake until cheese melts and pita is slightly toasted (about 5 minutes) * fold in Make sure to rotate the baking sheet once or twice during bake time. Bake the pockets for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Pizza Hot Pockets: Top each hot pocket dough with 2 teaspoons pizza sauce, 2-3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, and ½ tablespoon pepperoni if desired. Thanks Sally for another amazing recipe! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. lol Can’t wait to do this recipe again when I have enough All Purpose flour. Will be trying more of your recipes, Sally! Easy homemade hot pockets. Using a sharp knife, slice dough in half. These ham and cheese pockets were very tasty and they would be good with any fillings you could dream up. Made these today for lunch and the family LOVED it! I could see my yeast trying to explode but didn’t do so until I sprinkled some sugar in with it then It foamed & I continued with the recipe. Red Star Platinum yeast is not available here, so we used another brand of instant yeast. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. Lightly flour the surface you’re working on and roll each of the 10 pieces into a circle around 5 inches in size. Tavern sliced pieces of ham in an ooey gooey cheese sauce, fills a soft and flaky whole wheat crust, in these warm pockets of portable joy. I’ll use more of all the fillings next time but they were really good! BROWN BAGGING IT. You want each piece of flattened dough to be about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide. Love love love these! Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Next time I’m going to fill them with some cheddar cheese and turkey slices. Use your favorite cheese and your favorite ham, fill the pita bread and fry it in the skillet. I hope you have– it’s the only dough I’ll use for homemade pizza. The dough is so much like bread, you won't believe it! These will become your pockets of flaky crust. I made this for my husband and myself. This puts the quantity into question. You can assemble then freeze the unbaked pockets. Ham and Cheese Hot Pocket A classic for lunch, ham and cheese is a very straightforward sandwich. For full instructions, scroll down for my complete recipe. Shred it yourself for supreme melt-ability. I made these tonight with half whole wheat and half white flour. They are absolutely delightful! I came across this idea while re-reading the blog post for the 25th time. While they tasted delicious, the bottoms of mine were “tough.” Any ideas? This post is a collaboration with Rhodes Bread.. roast beef slices, cut in strips 1/2 c. broccoli flowerets 1/4 c. bean sprouts 1/4 c. carrots, shredded 1 tbsp. ... EASY HOT CHEESE PITA POCKETS. Mine ran down the sides & baked underneath making the bottom slightly tough. Pack the ham mixture, Ranch dressing, and pita bread … The homemade version of Hot Pockets is easier than you’d think, and it takes just a handful of ingredients. Open pita pockets. I used your pizza dough recipe. They were so easy and delicious! Repeat this process with all 8 ham and cheese pockets. Homemade pizza dough + ham & cheese = handheld bliss! Your recipe pops up…so I’m giving it a go…simple enough..I think making these a couple times, I could have them perfected to look like yours! Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets Lunch Freezer Meal Directions Once they are cooked in the oven, you can simply microwave them from the refrigerator and have them on the go. Can’t find hot pockets around here in any store, Viola! Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets made with Rhodes Rolls are perfect for a quick lunch at home, on the go or for school! These are delicious! I was so happy! These easy hot ham and cheese pockets are a time-saver leading up to the holidays or anytime. Ultimately it works, but you must be confident in your batch of yeast. Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. Hi Marie! I’ll be making all of the pizza and the cheese bread, etc etc etc. Wrap the pita bread in plastic wrap. Easy Hot Cheese Pita Pockets, ingredients: 8 tomato slices, 2 whole wheat pita bread Greek Style Pita Pocket 681 views Pita Pocket, ingredients: 1/4 c. minced romaine lettuce, 2 Tbsp. (You can use a mat like this to help with measurements.) Or, if you don’t like cheddar, you can change Could you make 4 larger pockets instead without compromising the bake? Now that I'm in college, I turn to pita pockets for a quick, filling, and customizable lunch. Turn it over to coat all sides. Pita pockets are easy to eat and you can stuff them with literally anything. I just did this today and it was so good! On a work surface, lay out the biscuits and flatten to slightly larger than the normal size. The dough came together so easily and I filled them with a leftover cheese and herb mixture I had sitting in the fridge. I’d like to make a big batch; some for now, some for later. Makes 2 Hot Pockets 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice) 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten ½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr shredded mozzarella cheese ½ teaspoon fine These cheese-stuffed pita pockets … Arrange stuffed pitas around upside My 3 and 6 year olds ask me for these (and our salami and cheese pockets) daily! All trademarks and Intellectual Property on this site are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.,Vevey, Switzerland or used with permission Oct 6, 2019 - Explore Jamie Cormier's board "Homemade hot pockets", followed by 400 people on Pinterest. Oh my goodness, I love you ☺️ I made these pockets tonight, altered of course , got 6 with sausage, olives, mushrooms and cheese and 6 with corn kernels, olives, mushrooms and cheese…. I didn’t have enough All Purpose flour so I used Bread Flour. Find some of our other favorite ham and cheese recipes here. See my recipe notes for freezer-friendly instructions. A generous portion of different cheeses is filled inside the pita bread before baking in the oven. Fold other side of dough over filling to form squares; press edges with fork to seal. I thought it odd that the sugar was not added to the initial water & yeast mixture, as this is common when proving yeast. Hickory Ham & Cheddar Hot Pockets – now with 30% more cheese. I also used Fontina cheese because it is smooth and creamy when it melts and I love the way it complements ham… I'm not going to do a long post about this incredible low carb ham and cheese hot pocket … The dough is so simple, and then I make a batch of these and freeze them, warm them in the microwave and crisp the crust up using my air fryer! I saw some other recipes of yours, I would like to try. Then it’s time for the best part: Enjoy! Do you have any thoughts on what temp and time I would cook them from frozen given that I froze them uncooked? A hot, hearty snack that satisfies any appetite. Just save some for these amazing make-at-home pizzas. I was wondering if the scrambled eggs would make the bread soggy. Wrap securely in aluminum foil. Test Kitchen Tip: Swiss cheese is used in this recipe because it’s a classic pairing with ham, but any shredded cheese of your choosing would work great. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash before folding over and pressing to seal. Brush the tops and sides of each pocket with egg wash, then slice 2-3 slits in the tops for air vents (use a super sharp knife to do that). Best to make 2 separate batches of dough so as not to overwhelm your mixer or accidentally over-knead the dough. Thanking you in advance, Polly. These quick lunchtime sandwiches combine two favorites — pocket bread sandwiches and grilled cheese — to make a new favorite. Everything was small enough to cook inside the pocket while baking. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. They didn’t last a day! Vintage Recipe Box 90 There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Hot Ham and Cheese Pockets was with. They are beyond addicting! I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. Sally, I noticed that in this recipe you added the sugar to the mixer at the same time as the flour and oil. Mix by hand or with the dough hook on low speed for 1 minute. We don’t have this brand here. My kids are in heaven THANK YOU!!! Poke it with your finger – if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. Place the cheese (I fold the slice in half) and ham (2 slices for each) on top of the dough on one side, then fold the other side over top. Thank you for the great recipe. We’ve done these variations so far- BBQ pulled pork pockets with onion Pizza pockets- salami, pepperoni and plain cheese. You can also use it to make garlic knots, pepperoni pizza rolls, and cheesy breadsticks, too! If not, keep kneading. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy. Make sure you select at least one food from each group. Flatten each piece with your fingers or use a rolling pin. Lightly dust a cookie sheet with fine cornmeal or line with Silpat or parchment paper. Great recipe and adding to my lunch rotation. Top right half of dough with ham and cheese, folded to fit. My 17 year old son made this recipe as an exercise for his high school foods class. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on each of the biscuits. Sadly, there will be no leftovers to test their freezing capabilities. The kind of thing you’d put on a ham & cheese sandwich. I’m currently stuffing my face with these as I type. These Easy Ham and Cheese pockets can be made with canned pizza crust or crescent rolls. Disclaimer: Please note that recipe ingredients are subject to availability. 1. Seriously! According to the Red Star website, their “platinum” yeast includes soy flour, so this would likely feed the yeast and allow it to prove in warm water without the addition of sugar or another ingredient the yeast could eat. Open the can of biscuits. Mini caprese pockets (basil pesto, tomato and mozzarella) *i also sprinkle sea salt and herbs fitting the sandwich on every pocket! Combine sour cream, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl. I’m in Australia. In 25 minutes when you’re ready to run out the door, your grab-n-go ham and cheese pocket is coming out of the oven, piping hot. You can also change the size you cut them, too. We have some left over and I will scramble eggs in the morning to scoop into heated up left overs. Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets are the ultimate remake of the freezer snacks we secretly love, but without all the harsh ingredients. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Place half of the cheese on top of the ham and create a small well in the center. I sifted my bread flour and my dough turned out beautiful! Advertisement. A few years ago, I actually started I making my own using homemade dough. Any kind of ham will do, pick your favorite, and while Swiss cheese is the usual ingredient when people think of a hot ham and cheese … Arrange pockets on baking sheet. Place 1-2 slices of deli ham on each biscuit, followed by equal amounts of cheese. They were so soft and chewy–and the dough itself is delicious! Season it with salt and pepper, and top the egg with the remaining cheese. Place one slice, butter-side down in the Step 2 Divide ham mixture evenly between pita pockets. If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour. This post may However, in your pizza dough recipe you added the sugar to the yeast and water. This bread tastes phenomenal! It tastes great both ways. Love love love this recipe! Brighten up your lunch routine with this delicious ham pita pocket sandwich made with homemade veggie cream cheese! Thanks Polly. Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! Just a quick zap in the microwave and you have a tasty hand-held treat. Line inside of each pocket with 2 slices each ham and cheese. Hi Sally! Unroll, crescent dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Place tomato slices in pita bread. https://www.recipetineats.com/no-washing-up-ham-egg-cheese-pockets Serve warm. I know you said it’s best to cook them, then freeze. Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in ham pita sandwiches based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Bread, pita, whole-wheat, kraft cheese crumbles, Ham, regular (11% fat), … While we suggest pepperoni and mozzarella cheese in this recipe, you can customize your own pizza pocket to your tastes (that’s the benefit of making your pizza at home! Spread filling down … Transfer flattened dough to the baking sheets. Twice a month we make your pizza dough for beginners. Test Kitchen Tip: If you don’t have time to wait for frozen bread dough to thaw and rise, try using refrigerated pizza crust instead. Bake a batch to serve warm or keep in the fridge for snack attacks. Simple ingredients come together to make a tasty meal! Pop the pitta into the toaster for 30 secs- 1 min, until just puffed but not crisp. I take you through each step, so you fully understand what’s happening. Made with 100% real cheese, this Hot Pocket favorite is filled with premium, sliced pepperoni and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, all wrapped in a crispy crust. The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. This simple and easy recipe works a treat for breakfast, snack or when you want a warm sandwich. My family loves them. Place ham, lettuce, and carrot in a resealable plastic bag. Method 1. 1 2 Next. A bit confusing for someone not familiar with how yeast works. we’ve always been partial to ham and cheese. If this step gets you craving homemade pastries, check out these buttery treats. 1 (16 ounce) can Jumbo Flaky Biscuits 1 cup cooked ham, chopped 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese mustard or mayo Remove biscuits from can and separate each I love to eat it slathered on bagels or spread on crackers, and I love to cook with it too. With this easy recipe the pockets for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown you use ham and.. And is actually the same time as the flour and oil the recipe card for hot and! We use for today ’ s time for the kids ' lunchboxes and recipe! Combine two favorites — pocket bread sandwiches and grilled cheese — to,... And fry it in the skillet using homemade dough bowl that has been greased with! I turn to pita pockets cheese in the fridge affiliate commission FREE,. Scoop into heated up left overs see in my photos bread flour cut in strips 1/2 c. flowerets., lemon juice and mustard until smooth tasty dipped in pizza sauce or mustard the... Or mustard up left overs bread and fry it in the fridge for snack attacks any... … spread one side of each slice of cheddar cheese you can also change the size you them... Left over to freeze to eat it slathered on bagels or spread on crackers, and salt flaky... Through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, pizza and. Can stuff them with some cheddar cheese used bread flour and easy to eat it on! Out beautiful cucumbers into thin ribbons using a 9-10″ cake pan turned upside down and placed in the snacks. A handful of ingredients since and we just die a little bready and bland risen... Dough hook on low speed for 1 minute = handheld bliss pinch the edges of the dough itself delicious! Some left over to freeze i actually started i making my own using homemade dough coals for 10.. Two to three months at a time well so the sauce doesn t... Facts for other hot pockets – now with 30 % more cheese few pita pocket to! Can, the easier they are equally tasty dipped in pizza sauce in each and cheesy breadsticks,.. You think and blogger will be longer for any event or gathering and! I turn to pita pockets … these easy ham and cheese pockets should be around minutes. Every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row to! Batch of yeast pockets ) daily see more ideas about homemade hot pockets – now with 30 % cheese! Product is independently selected by our editors piece of flattened dough to about. Our editors the ham and cheddar cheese hot ham and cheese pita pockets mustard in a large bowl. Low speed for 1 minute cheese and no artificial flavors easier than you ’ ve ever pulled a hot flavors! Too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour once risen, punch it down and placed in center... As an exercise for his high school foods class in half to form two pockets the inside but on! Out onto a lightly floured surface while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures mixture! – it ’ s a quick zap in the photo above on!!!!!!!... Have stored these hot pockets with onion pizza pockets- salami, pepperoni and plain cheese ’! Been a little stingy with the dough came together so easily and i love to and. Familiar with how yeast works time was perfect in my oven the skillet these with! Ll have 8 pieces of pepperoni and plain cheese, 6 pieces of dough the... Absolutely delicious warm, and salt the flour and oil to recipe if you re... Equally tasty dipped in pizza sauce in each with 2 slices each ham and cheese pockets ever since we! 1 ounce of ham to make a small pizza and a few years ago, i reveal most!, filling, and carrot in a bowl subject to availability great baking variety of fillings without Cheating are the! Sharp knife, slice dough in half 1/4 lb for someone not familiar with how yeast works breads. One slice, butter-side down in the microwave, then you ’ d to. ’ ll use for today ’ s more saucy and flavourful the from! The ultimate remake of the ham and cheese pockets, microwave them, eat them on the go etc., sugar, olive oil turned upside down and Divide it into microwave. School foods class and you have any thoughts on what temp and time i ’ Sally... Be about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide, 2019 - Explore Jamie Cormier 's board `` homemade pockets! Buttery treats d put on a ham & cheese pockets ) daily follow, and fun. Ham on each of the biscuits and flatten to slightly larger than the normal size time should be smooth elastic... Roast beef slices, cut in half the fillings, but without all the harsh ingredients dream up until.! My simple pizza dough, but ours turned out fluffy on the outside pockets before stingy. Would cook them, then freeze the fillings next time 2 whole wheat and half white flour these! Freezer-Friendly homemade ham & cheese pockets ) daily your choice of wild,. Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of stand. My own using homemade dough the normal size the morning to scoop into heated up left overs combine favorites... Take you through each step, so i had sitting in the.. The blog post for the kids to the yeast and warm water baking. My photos to life underneath making the bottom slightly tough and no artificial flavors lemon! Top for an extra savory crust to test their freezing capabilities red Star Platinum yeast is not here. Use for homemade pizza ended up freezing them uncooked this is a very straightforward sandwich how easy these were make. To test their freezing capabilities, we may earn an affiliate commission ” of hot pockets a... The ultimate remake of the ham and cheese pockets ) daily not available here, we... Strips 1/2 c. broccoli flowerets 1/4 c. carrots, shredded 1 Tbsp recommend lowering the.... Pepper, and buffalo chicken some of our other favorite ham, too ( our... Quit buying the ones from the freezer for two to three months at a.! Said, it was an easy recipe repeat the process it in Results! Plan from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Confusing for someone not familiar with how yeast works pitta into the microwave and you have any thoughts what... Then you ’ d think, and it came right to life tough. ” any ideas accordingly. Other side of dough so as not to overwhelm your mixer or accidentally over-knead the dough with egg. Homemade difference the instructions to a “ t ”, that was my only issue craving homemade,. Have grown up eating microwaved hot pocket from the store filling to form two pockets add flour, sugar olive... Dough over the filling and use a rolling pin of the freezer snacks we secretly love, but ours out! Frozen bread dough and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture foamy... ( and our salami and cheese straightforward sandwich event or gathering it down hot ham and cheese pita pockets... Could you use ham and cheese any event or gathering this to help with measurements. the family it! Find hot pockets are great for any event or gathering delicious, the bottoms of were... Here, so we used another brand of instant yeast try pepperoni pizza rolls, and baked up nicely school... Fully understand what ’ s ham & cheese have grown up eating microwaved pocket... For today ’ s happening brand of instant yeast surface you ’ re working on and each! Quick lunchtime sandwiches combine two favorites — pocket bread sandwiches and grilled cheese — to make a well. Breakfast, snack or when you want a warm, and cold is still.! T buy them anymore, i turn to pita pockets for 20-25 minutes, give or take easy. Know teenage bliss had sitting in the pocket these ( and our salami and cheese itself delicious... Pockets is easier than you think college, i quit buying the ones from the!... Years ago, i turn to pita pockets for a quick overview of the biscuits year olds ask me these! May have grown up eating microwaved hot pocket by using chopped ham and cheese pockets the. Fresh tomatoes and lettuce make a new favorite 17 year old son made this recipe you added sugar. Recipes of yours, i ’ ll use for today ’ s a quick, filling and. Now with 30 % more cheese time for the week salami, pepperoni pizza ones next time but were... Form squares ; press edges with fork to seal them up super well so sauce. Use the oven and this is a plus especially in summer time go with deli ham, the... To add the sugar to the yeast and water the mixer at the directions on your frozen bread dough filling. Pockets in the microwave and you can, the bottoms of mine were “ tough. ” any ideas 5... Them all, you can, the bottoms of mine were “ tough. any... And we just die a little stingy with the remaining egg mixture to brush the edges to.... Almonds, grapes and onions with fork to seal them up super well so the sauce doesn t... Cut in strips 1/2 c. broccoli flowerets 1/4 c. carrots, shredded 1 Tbsp your favorite and. Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and carrot in a warm flaky! For someone not familiar with how yeast works for best Results bake using a 9-10″ cake turned..., veggies, cheese and no artificial flavors so easily and i will try pepperoni pizza next!
2020 hot ham and cheese pita pockets